Thursday, October 18, 2007

picture of the last supper

picture of the last supper
She rang the bell till it broke with a twang; I entered leisurely. It was enough to try the temper of a saint, such senseless, wicked rages! There she lay dashing her head against the arm of the sofa, and grinding her teeth, so that you might fancy she would crash them to splinters! Mr Linton stood looking at her in sudden compunction and fear. He told me to fetch some water. She had no breath for speaking. I brought a glass full; and as she would not drink, I sprinkled it on her face. In a few seconds she stretched herself out stiff, and turned up her eyes, while her cheeks, at once blanched and livid, assumed the aspect of death. Linton looked terrified.
`There is nothing in the world the matter,' I whispered. I did not want him to yield, though I could not help being afraid in my heart.
`She has blood on her lips!' he said, shuddering.
picture of the last supper
`Never mind!' I answered tartly. And I told him how she had resolved, previous to his coming, on exhibiting a fit of frenzy. I incautiously gave the account aloud, and she heard me; for she started up--her hair flying over her shoulders, her eyes flashing, the muscles of her neck and arms standing out preternaturally. I made up my mind for broken bones, at least; but she only glared about her for an instant, and then rushed from the room. The master directed me to follow; I did, to her chamber door: she hindered me from going farther by securing it against me.
picture of the last supper

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

picture of the last supper

Anonymous said...

picture of the last supper

Anonymous said...

picture of the last supper

Anonymous said...

"picture of the last supper"

Anonymous said...

"picture of the last supper"