Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Three Ages of Woman

The Three Ages of Woman
The Virgin and Child with St Anne
The Water lily Pond
Venus and Cupid
There was another long pause. His eyes, as he looked at me, seemed to take every shade of colour that could make eyes ugly. ¡¡¡¡'Copperfield,' he said, removing his hand from his cheek, 'you have always gone against me. I know you always used to be against me at Mr. Wickfield's.' ¡¡¡¡'You may think what you like,' said I, still in a towering rage. 'If it is not true, so much the worthier you.' ¡¡¡¡'And yet I always liked you, Copperfield!' he rejoined. ¡¡¡¡I deigned to make him no reply; and, taking up my hat, was going out to bed, when he came between me and the door. ¡¡¡¡'Copperfield,' he said, 'there must be two parties to a quarrel. I won't be one.' ¡
oil painting
¡¡¡'You may go to the devil!' said I. ¡¡¡¡'Don't say that!' he replied. 'I know you'll be sorry afterwards. How can you make yourself so inferior to me, as to show such a bad spirit? But I forgive you.' ¡¡¡¡'You forgive me!' I repeated disdainfully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Three Ages of Woman"