Friday, October 17, 2008

William Bouguereau The Abduction of Psyche painting

William Bouguereau The Abduction of Psyche paintingPierre-Auguste Cot spring paintingWilliam Bouguereau the first kiss painting
but I didn't agree with the general verdict until to-day. You're welcome to your disciple. And Sulpicius can perfect his dullness: there's no better teacher of dullness in Rome." Then he gave us his Parthian shot: Et apud Apollinemistum Pollionis Pollinctorem diutissime polleat. Which means, though the pun is lost in Greek. "And may he flourish long at the shrine of that Undertaker Apollo of Pollio's!" Then off he went, snorting.
Pollio shouted cheerfully after him: "Quod certe potucitw Pollio. Pollucibiliter pollebit puer. ("Pollio promises you he will; the boy will flourish mightily.") "Who are you, boy? Claudius is your name, isn't it? You obviously come of good family, but I do not know you." "I am Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus." "My God) But Livy's right. You're supposed to be a half-wit." "Yes. My family is ashamed of me because I stammer, and
When we two were alone, Sulpicius having gone off to find a book, Pollio began questioning me.

No comments: