Monday, January 12, 2009

Amedeo Modigliani Red Nude

Amedeo Modigliani Red NudeAmedeo Modigliani Portrait of Jeanne HebuterneAmedeo Modigliani Nude Sdraiato
Why did the little boy keep calling Lyra's name?
Hope.
Who were they?
Ghosts.
And Lyra couldn't touch them, no matter how she tried. Her baffled hands moved through and through, and still the little boy stood there pleading.Mrs. Coulter placed the beaker carefully on a low rock and knelt beside the sleeping Lyra. The golden monkey crouched on her other side, ready to seize Pantalaimon if he woke up.
Lyra's hair was damp, and her eyes moved behind their closed lids. She was beginning to stir: Mrs. Coulter had felt her eyelashes flutter
"Roger," she said, but her voice came out in a whisper. "Oh, Roger, where are you? What is this place?"
He said, "It's the world of the dead, Lyra, I dunno what to do, I dunno if I'm here forever, and I dunno if I done bad things or what, because I tried to be good, but I hate it, I'm scared of it all, I hate it...”
And Lyra said, "I'llnight from now on.
Her daemon was discontented. He didn't like what she was doing here in the cave, and when he tried to express his concern, she

No comments: