Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Edward Hopper Chop Suey

Edward Hopper Chop SueyJean Francois Millet The GleanersJean Fragonard The Swing 1767
expected the arm to fly off at the elbow, transferred itself down the length of his body to his legs and propelled him forward like a high-speed stilt walker. The frying pan followed a series of intricate curves in the air and was brought to a halt just over Mort's plate.
Albert did can't see him sitting down to a couple of rashers and a fried slice.'
Albert grinned. 'Oh, he doesn't, lad. Not as a regular thing, no. Very easy to cater indeed have exactly the right type of half-moon spectacles to peer over the top of.'There could be some porridge to follow,' he said, and winked, apparently to include Mort in the world porridge conspiracy.'Excuse me', said Mort, 'but where am I, exactly?''Don't you know? This is the house of Death, lad. He brought you here last night.''I – sort of remember. Only. . . .'Hmm?''Well. The bacon and eggs,' said Mort, vaguely. 'It doesn't seem, well, appropriate.''I've got some black pudding somewhere,' said Albert.'No, I mean . . .' Mort hesitated. 'It's just that I

No comments: