Sunday, July 6, 2008

Gustav Klimt The Tree of Life painting

Gustav Klimt The Tree of Life painting
Philip Craig Twilight Courtyard painting
I'm glad," said Anne dreamily. "There are so many things I want to do. I want to sit on the back porch steps and feel the breeze blowing down over Mr. Harrison's fields. I want to hunt ferns in the Haunted Wood and gather violets in Violet Vale. Do you remember the day of our golden picnic, Priscilla? I want to hear the frogs singing and the poplars whispering. But I've learned to love Kingsport, too, and I'm glad I'm coming back next fall. If I hadn't won the Thorburn I don't believe I could have. I COULDN'T take any of Marilla's little hoard."
"If we could only find a house!" sighed Priscilla. "Look over there at Kingsport, Anne -- houses, houses everywhere, and not one for us."
"Stop it, Pris. `The best is yet to be.' Like the old Roman, we'll find a house or build one. On a day like this there's no such word as fail in my bright lexicon."
They lingered in the park until sunset, living in the amazing miracle and glory and

No comments: