Sunday, July 6, 2008

William Etty William Etty painting

William Etty William Etty painting
Steve Hanks Silver Strand painting
an education than follow the plough any longer. In the wild effort to cram all sorts of research into six hours a day I don't wonder if the children feel like the little boy who was taken to see the biograph. `I have to look for what's coming next before I know what went last,' he complained. I feel like that myself.
"And the letters I get, Anne! Tommy's mother writes me that Tommy is not coming on in arithmetic as fast as she would like. He is only in simple reduction yet, and Johnny Johnson is in fractions, and Johnny isn't half as smart as her Tommy, and she can't understand it. And Susy's father wants to know why Susy can't write a letter without misspelling half the words, and Dick's aunt wants me to change his seat, because that bad Brown boy he is sitting with is teaching him to say naughty words.
"As to the financial part -- but I'll not begin on that. Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make country schoolmarms!
"There, I feel better, after that growl

No comments: