Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Caravaggio The Incredulity of Saint Thomas

Caravaggio The Incredulity of Saint ThomasAlbert Bierstadt Among the Sierra Nevada Mountains CaliforniaAlbert Bierstadt Yosemite Valley
was silent. He fell to his knees on the dewy grass and fumbled for the alethiometer.
"Here," he said to Lyra.
She took it. With shaking hands he slid the knife back into its sheath. Then he lay down trembling in all his limbs and closed his eyes, and felt the moonlight bathing him with silver, and felt Lyra undoing his bandage and tying it up stuff. Come on, I'll make a new bandage, I'll put some to cook, I'll make some omelette, whatever you want, and we'll sleep… We'll be safe now we've got the alethiometer back, you'll see. I'll do nothing now except help you find your father, I promise…"
She helped him up, and they walked slowly through the great white-gleaming house under the moon.again with delicate, gentle movements."Oh, Will," he heard her say. "Thank you for what you done, for all of it…""I hope the cat's all right," he muttered. "She's like my Moxie. She's probably . In her own world again. She'll be all right now.""You know what I thought? I thought for a second she was your daemon. She done what a good daemon would have done, anyway. We rescued her and she rescued us. Come on, Will, don't lie on the grass, it's wet. You got to come and lie down in a proper bed, else you'll catch cold. We'll go in that big house over there. There's bound to be beds and food and

No comments: